Senex Recruitment Ltd is committed to protecting your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The data controller – Senex Recruitment Ltd
Senex Recruitment Ltd is a data controller and data processor for personal information and data that you may provide to us. This is generally used for the purposes of providing recruitment services to both clients and candidates.
Senex Recruitment Ltd is registered in the United Kingdom and Wales as company number: 10390804 for the purposes of providing recruitment services. Our registered address is 23 St Leonards Road, Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex, TN40 1HH. Our telephone number is 01424 211872, and our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
All data protection responsibilities are coordinated by Kevin McHugh (Director and Founder) who can be contacted on 01424 211872 or email email@example.com.
What data do we collect? – the personal information we may store.
We collect, process and store your personal information and data which may include but is not limited to your name, address, telephone number(s), email address, Curriculum Vitae, work history, eligibility to work, references, social media accounts, education history, job descriptions, office and key employee contact details. We have stringent safeguards in place to protect all of your information.
We may be required to obtain further information at the behest of our clients/candidates or in relation to an ad hoc situation. Such information could include medical history, payroll details, security clearance information, and psychometric questionnaires.
Personal information and data may be collected from several sources, including publicly available information such as company addresses and contact details. Information may also be collected from social media platforms such as Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter and third party CV databases such as www.reed.co.uk and www.cvlibrary.co.uk . Information may also be submitted directly via www.senexrecruitment.co.uk , via online advertising, web browsing or general knowledge of the business.
Why do we collect data?
Providing a recruitment service requires the collation, analysis and interpretation of data related to an individual’s work history and the requirements of the companies Senex Recruitment Ltd represents.
Data is required to enable Senex Recruitment Ltd to:
- carry out recruitment activities including search and selection on behalf of our clients and candidates;
- promote and maintain our business relationship with both clients and candidates, including email and telephone correspondence related to industry news, promotions, direct marketing activities, reports, and other relevant information. Where we do there will be an option to unsubscribe from such communications;
- enable the submission of Curriculum Vitae or similar pertinent information for job applications;
- match suitable candidates to vacancies requiring the use of personal information, and;
- fulfil contractual and commercial obligations and meet the agreed recruitment requirements and policies of clients
What do we use your data for?
Senex Recruitment Ltd uses data to understand the needs of clients and candidates and provide an insightful and innovative recruitment solution. This requires Senex Recruitment Ltd to use data in several activities:
- Processing personal information and data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process.
- Carrying out service improvement activities – continuously improving the services we offer and our performance.
- Contacting clients and candidates via phone, email, social media, SMS or other means to present the services we offer and carry out our day to day recruitment activities.
- Maintaining and/or establishing a commercial business relationship.
- Obtaining consent for the submission of a candidate to a client.
- Fulfilling contractual obligations to a client.
- Carrying out additional recruitment services for a client such as collecting data for security clearance.
- Briefing a candidate about the nature and scope of a role and company.
- Sending promotional material, information on services, marketing, and industry news.
- Meeting statutory requirements such as obligations to HMRC, Companies House etc.
- Responding to requests by law enforcement agencies, recognised courts or tribunals or other similar bodies where we are required to do so by law
Senex Recruitment Ltd will only share your personal information or data with your consent. As Senex Recruitment Ltd works as a bridge between client and candidate to successfully fulfil recruitment requirements this is a fundamental policy of the business and has always been the case.
However, for the avoidance of doubt, it is important to note that no personal information or data is sold or passed on to any business that is not directly related to the commercial enterprise of Senex Recruitment Ltd i.e. marketing companies.
Senex Recruitment Ltd operates a client relationship management system managed by a third party which adheres to current data protection obligations and details can be found here.
- You have the right to access, rectify or erase your personal information, or restrict or object to its processing, as well as the right to data portability.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner.
- You also have the right to seek a judicial remedy.
If you feel that we or any third party we use have not done enough to respect and protect your privacy and confidentiality, please contact Kevin McHugh in the first instance.
Terms and Conditions of Senex Recruitment’s Website can be found here