A Manufacturing Engineer is required for an outstanding international company based near Billingshurst, West Sussex, this is a high-profile role working within operations driving continuous improvement, lean initiatives and ensuring the successful Development of manufacturing processes across the business.
You will bring your Manufacturing Engineering expertise in a pro-active to ensure reliable, effective, sustainable production in all areas.
This Manufacturing Engineering role is paying an attractive salary plus additional benefits.
Your duties as Manufacturing Engineer will include:
- Supporting the development and improvement of Manufacturing processes and their successful integration into manufacturing operations, ensuring continuity, increasing plant efficiency, and maintaining best practice to increase productivity and quality levels.
- Acting as a Lean and Continuous Improvements champion in all your work and supporting key initiatives across the business.
- Provide expertise within New Product Introduction (NPI) team. Ensure an effective introduction of new products into production
- Working closely with both Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing to ensure the effective delivery of NPI and wide Manufacturing projects
- Carrying out supplier surveys to ensure a high standard of quality and making a recommendation to improve supply chain efficiency from a manufacturing perspective
- Implementation of agile manufacturing methodologies and techniques companywide,
- Delivery of new tooling/jigs/fixtures or assembly aids and operator training needs to ensure the most efficient production methods are employed.
- Propose equipment and practice improvements that would benefit manufacturing efficiency, reliability, consistency, and sustainability.
You will have a background in manufacturing engineering with excellent knowledge in Lean and Continuous improvement initiatives. Knowledge of NPI and DFM would be an advantage for the role ideally working with an Electro-Mechanical type of product (although other areas of knowledge will be readily considered).
Knowledge of ISO standards and able to work in a highly quality driven manufacturing environment will be required.
You will have excellent communication skills and an assertive but open approach to delivering change, especially in Continuous Improvement.
Your experience as a Manufacturing Engineer / Production Engineer will be backed up with an HNC/HND/Degree or higher in an Engineering subject.
If you are ready to join an expanding, secure and innovative company who value manufacturing improvements then apply for this Manufacturing Engineering job via Senex Recruitment Ltd today. Any questions about the role can be directed to Kevin McHugh.