A Production Engineer job has become available that would be an ideal opportunity for a recent Engineering graduate to join a superb expanding company in St Leonards On Sea, East Sussex. You will be fascinated by manufacturing and production processes.
Keen to establish yourself in a career where you can make improvements and implement manufacturing change. This Production Engineer role is paying an attractive starting salary plus benefits including bonus and pension plus ongoing professional development.
Your duties will include:
- Provide technical oversight of the manufacturing of the company’s products which are Hi-Tech
- Provide comprehensive production engineering support to you dedicated manufacturing area
- Support the implementation of production efficiency, improvements and ensure the right KPI’s are in place
- Feedback to the SMT on all KPI’s and make good on process efficiencies
- Train production operators in standard operating procedures
- Apply problem solving techniques such as 8S to resolve production issues
- Support maintenance schedules in your manufacturing area
- Run workshops to promote flow manufacturing, value engineering and general Continuous Improvement methodologies
- Work with Engineering team to support the New Product Implementation (NPI)
- Support supplier evaluation and recommendation activities including part approval
You will be a recent graduate with an Engineering Degree or HND/HND this can be in any relevant engineering subject such as Mechanical, Manufacturing, Automotive etc. However, you will be able to demonstrate that you have a keen interest in becoming a versatile and talented Production Engineer. You will want to learn more about Continuous Improvements, Manufacturing techniques and Lean Manufacturing (Six-Sigma). Ideally you will have some basic understanding of mechanical manufacturing techniques such as lathes, mills, welding, assembly and jigs and fixtures.
To take advantage of the exciting job opportunity as a Graduate level Production Engineer apply using our website. Any questions? you can contact Kevin McHugh at Senex Recruitment Ltd on 01424 211872.