A Manufacturing Manager is required for an Whitstable, Kent based business paying an attractive salary plus benefits. This highly regarded, successfully international manufacturing company is looking for a confident leader to manage their production lines, make process improvements, manage and develop the production team and support the continued growth of the business.
Your Duties as Manufacturing Manager will include:
- Management of Production Lines and staff ensuring the site runs efficiently and is cost effective
- Implementing Process Improvements including Lean initiatives
- Ensuring all products are manufactured to the expected level of quality and implementing quality control initiatives
- Managing the workforce and ensuring sufficient and capable cover is provided, including staff training and development
- Managing material resources and working closely with the purchasing and warehousing team
- Responsibility for Capital Expenditure plans and supporting maintenance and engineering initiatives
- You will be able to ensure that product (Mechanical with some electrical and electronic components) is manufactured to the highest quality standard
- Overseeing compliance to HSE across the manufacturing operations and ensuring a clean and safe working environment in production
You will have a proven record of accomplishment of Manufacturing Management, you will be a friendly, confident, and assertive leader who works continuously to improve production capability by both process improvement and staff development.
The company offers a supportive environment that is open to new ideas related to lean initiatives (i.e. Six Sigma, Kaizen, Kanban) and manufacturing effectiveness. Knowledge of quality procedures and systems will be important to ensure quality initiative plans are delivered. The ability to work in a ERP/MRP driven business will be important for the role as the company improves its IT capabilities in manufacturing.