You will be looking to join a highly respected engineering and manufacturing company based in Rochester as their Senior Design Engineer. This high-profile and much-valued role in this international company is paying circa £40,000 to £45,000 plus benefits and offers an excellent opportunity to be at the forefront of the companies Design and Engineering team.
Your responsibilities as a Senior Design Engineer will include:
• Leading and managing new designs and improving/updating existing products using 3D CAD
• Responsible for liaising with customer from initial brief stage representing the business as an Engineering ambassador
• Supporting Production by producing documents including Bill of Materials
• Supporting and taking the initiative in R&D including prototype build and testing
• Produce all documentation for manufacturing-related to Engineering and Design
• Make recommendations for process developments through New Product Introduction
• Project manage Designs through the entire life cycle from initial concept into manufacturing and delivery
You will be a degree educated Design Engineer who has ideally worked designing for the Aerospace, Defence, Marine or Related industry sector. Knowledge of design for Electro-Mechanical products including housing of components and motors would be useful. You will be a confident and outgoing Engineer who is able to manage multiple design projects and take ownership and pride in all areas of your work.
You will be committed to delivering high-quality products and take the initiative in delivering through the entire life cycle. Knowledge of Design, design for manufacture, and estimating are strong skills for this role.
Experience of a leading 3D CAD system is essential for this role, such as CREO, Solidworks, Inventor or similar. You will be methodical and highly organised in producing and managing engineering documentation. You will be comfortable and confident in liaising with cross-functional teams and external clients, being an ambassador for the business.
This vibrant and inclusive company will provide unique Engineering challenges coupled with substantial rewards and a distinctive and benefits scheme.
To find out more about this Senior Design Engineer job-based in Rochester, Kent contact Kevin McHugh at Senex Recruitment on 01424 211872