A Design Engineer is required to join the technical teams of superb refrigeration company based near West Malling, Kent. The team design, develop and support commercial and specialist refrigeration systems across an exciting range application. Paying up to £55,000 plus good benefits and some flexibility with WFH this is an ideal role to build on you experience in refrigeration or a similar industrial sector.
Working closely with the Technical Manager you will support the Design, R&D, Surveying & quotation, Project management and support installation of refrigeration systems. Covering both packaged system design utilising commercially available equipment. And equipment design, where the full package is designed and manufactured from a component level up.
You will also take the technical lead on new enquiries, liaising with key suppliers, the project management team and production and operations departments. You will undertake customer surveys with support from the service department.
Your aim will be to produce high value, high quality in-house designed and manufactured equipment for applications that are highly interesting and unique in scope and often beyond the usual standard refrigeration product.
What skills will you utilise in the role as Design Engineer | Senor Design Engineer:
• Relevant academic background ideally HND/HND/Degree or above
• Proven experience of refrigeration equipment design.
• Solidworks 3D design or other 3D CAD System
• AutoCad schematic (OR similar) and 2D design.
• Able to produce Heat load calculations to industry standards.
• Packaged refrigeration system design with equipment selection and specification.
• Knowledge of Refrigerant gas selection and thermodynamic properties
• Mechanical Engineering design
• Knowledge of Certification of systems including PED, CE, EMC.
• F-Gas and EN 378 compliance.
• Control system specification and design.
• Knowledge of Electrical design including schematics and BOM and PLCs.
• Turning customer requirements into a formal costed proposal.
• Carrying out specification reviews.
• Ability to engage in engineering discussions and communicate clearly with team members and customers.
This role will be your ideal opportunity to work on varied and different refrigeration systems compared to standard market. Offering you rewarding technical challenges to overcome that will suit an Engineer looking to push their Design skills in new directions. The company offers a supportive environment that rewards those who can take their own initiative while supporting the wider team.
If you have the technical knowledge of refrigeration systems and their design and are looking for the next step in you career contact Kevin McHugh on 01424 211872 or email your CV to email@example.com
You can find all our latest jobs in the STEM market using our job search