A Production Engineer experienced in New Product Introduction is required for a major employer in the Newhaven, East Sussex area. With a broad range of Electro-Mechanical products and new innovations being continually developed this is an exciting job opportunity for a skilled Production Engineer. As part of their dedicated manufacturing team you will be driven by creating high performance production lines and processes.
You will receive a starting salary up to £40,000 plus benefits including pension and PMI.
Your duties as NPI Production Engineer will include:
• Carry out analysis of current production lines to assess performance of manufacturing processes, and material flow
• Make recommendations for improvements, backed up with evidence from analysis
• Implement changes to manufacturing facilities and revise production methods to optimise output and performance
• Ensure new products can be manufactured in a cost-effective way maximising quality
• Work closely with the Design Team and Engineering to ensure the design of new products meets Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA) requirements
• Support and champion continuous improvement initiatives on site
You will be able to bring good knowledge of Production Engineering / Manufacturing Engineering ideally from an Electro-Mechanical product background. You will be able to read 3D CAD drawings and have exposure to analysis techniques such as 8D or Root Cause analysis. A degree/HNC/HND in an Engineering related subject would be an advantage.
Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Continuous Improvement techniques such as Six Sigma, Kaizen, Kanban would be an advantage. You will have worked as a Production Engineer , Manufacturing Engineer, NPI Engineer or similar previously. As you will be a high-profile member of the manufacturing team your involvement in key decision will require decisive decision making and good technical knowledge.
If you have the skill set required to support this exciting business as it continues to develop its manufacturing capabilities contact Kevin McHugh at Senex Recruitment. Call 01424 211872 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know about Senex Recruitment and the areas we recruit in you can find out here