A Mechanical Engineer who holds either Incorporated or Chartered (IEng or CEng) status is required for a leading international engineering company based in Eastbourne, East Sussex. This wide-ranging role will cover design, engineering analysis, development, and engineering support. Paying an excellent salary up to £50,000 plus an extensive benefits package including bonus, pension, and PHI this is vibrant and exciting company to be joining in a pivotal role.
Your duties as Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
• Engineering, design, and development of products in compliance with required standards and customer needs.
• Providing engineering support to a wide variety of business functions, solving problems, carrying out tests and advising on applications, materials, and engineering solutions.
• Carrying out engineering design calculations in accordance with pressure vessel codes and structural calculation methods. This will include the use of FEA and other analysis tools.
• Selecting engineering materials to suit a variety of demanding applications and the ability to prioritise such materials based on performance data and environmental considerations
• Co-ordinate and lead design reviews ensuring expectations are met by all parties
• Mentor engineers working towards CEng or IEng
Your will be an HNC/HND/Degree qualified Mechanical Engineer with a sound mechanical engineer background and able to provide robust engineering solutions. You will be commercially astute and able to make decisions based on sound engineering principles, All the while considering the impact on high value projects.
You will be versatile in conducting engineering and design calculations and be able to use the likes of FEA and CFD to analyse and validate engineering designs. Use of a leading CAD System such as Siemens NX, Solidworks, CREO, SolidEdge will be required.
You will also be a key part of the company’s strong relationship with the IMechE and be keen to help new Engineers achieve IEng or CEng status.
To apply for this exciting new Mechanical Engineer job, contact Kevin McHugh at Senex Recruitment on 01424 211872 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Other jobs in the STEM sector can be found using our job search function