A Mechanical Design Engineer is required for a Hastings, East Sussex Based Engineering and Manufacturing business. Involved in the design of Electro-Mechanical products this is an exciting role paying circa £42,000 plus excellent benefits.
Your role as Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
• Supporting the design process by producing 3D CAD drawings using Solidworks for new products in R&D and the improvement of legacy products
• Working as part of the Engineering and R&D team to ensure designs are robust and fit for purpose
• Design for manufacture (DFM) and quality considerations to be applied at all stages of the design process
• Be able to lead design projects through the complete lifecycle from initial conception into manufacturing and delivery
• Able to be a product expert and provide insightful product knowledge
• Working closely with Production to ensure Design can be manufactured efficiently
• Producing all supporting documentation for Designs including BOM and be able to ensure all engineering information is accurately updated in the ERM/MRP system
• Contribute and take an active role in providing solutions to design related issues
• Support the manufacturing team with New Product Introduction initiatives
• Take a proactive approach to new design initiatives and research new technologies in the company’s markets.
You will be a degree/HNC/HND educated Design Engineer who has ideally worked designing mechanical components for the Electronic, Electro-Mechanical or Related industry sector. You will be a confident and outgoing Engineer who is able take ownership and pride in all areas of your work.
Experience of a leading 3D CAD system is essential for this role, such as Solidworks Inventor, CREO, or similar. You will be methodical and highly organised in producing and managing engineering documentation.
You will be both technically and commercially astute in all aspects of design, ensuring products can be designed for manufacture and all Engineering and Design processes interact efficiently with purchasing and manufacturing. Strong knowledge of quality systems and processes would be a distinct advantage.
This vibrant and inclusive company will provide you with exciting Engineering and Commercial challenges in a niche market. Ensuring excellent career opportunities to expand you Design capabilities and Engineering knowledge.
To apply for this Mechanical Design Engineer role contact Kevin McHugh on 01424 211872 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The company is fully operational with effective social distancing practice in place.
Other jobs in the STEM sector can be found using our job search function