This is an important role within one of Eastbourne’s leading Manufacturing companies as a Leading Hand / Team Leader paying up to £30k plus good benefits including pension. Your role will be to support the manufacturing management team by leading a team of assemblers and fitters to produce exceptional products that are high in quality and produced on time and to budget.
With a background in manufacturing producing mechanical products, you will a natural leader able to lead by example and enjoy being hands-on with the team.
If you take great pride in producing exceptional products, please contact Senex Recruitment for further details in addition to the job advert.
Duties of the Leading Hand will include
- To help organize and ensure the smooth running, of all areas within the manufacturing team. Maintaining high standards in performance, quality and on time delivery.
- Support and promote cost reduction and performance improvement initiatives in manufacturing
- Promote the highest level of quality in all aspects of manufacturing
- Ensure that there is a safe working environment for all employees
- Continually look to improve the manufacturing process and ensure all equipment is used to its full potential.
- Ensure all employees are trained to the required level and that all records are updated and maintained.
- To promote and encourage teamwork across all manufacturing areas and maintain good working relationships
You will ideally have an HND or HND in an Engineering related subject coupled with experience in a team leader or senior capacity within a manufacturing Job. You will have knowledge of mechanically biased manufacturing techniques and be able to build robust and high-quality products.
To apply for this Manufacturing Team Leader / Leading Hand job contact Kevin McHugh at Senex Recruitment on 01424 211872. Not the role you are looking for? Use our job search page for more options.