As Lead Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be looking to join a highly respected Engineering and Manufacturing company based near Whitstable, Kent. This high-profile role in an international company offers a salary up £40,000 plus benefits. This role offers an excellent opportunity to be at the forefront of the companies Design team.
Your responsibilities as Lead Mechanical Engineer will include:
· Creating new designs and reviewing and improving existing products using 3D CAD (Inventor) across the company’s product range
· Supporting and managing designs through the entire lifecycle successfully handing over to manufacturing
· Ensuring all Engineering documentation is produced accurately and to the industry standards
· Perform Engineering calculations (FEA) and provide supporting Engineering documentation
· Supporting the Design for Manufacture (DFM) process and accurate selection of materials
· Producing cost effective Designs that met Engineering and Safety requirements
You will be Degree/HND/HNC qualified in a Mechanical Engineering or related Design subject and have experience of working with a company that designs industrial products. Good knowledge of materials such as sheet metals and knowledge of Design for Manufacture would be a strong background for this role, The capability to carry out design calculations such as FEA would also be a strong asset.
Experience with a leading 3D CAD package such as Solidworks or Inventor would be required although cross-training will be provided.
You will be a confident and outgoing Engineer who is able to manage multiple complex design projects and take ownership and pride in all areas of your work. You will be committed to delivering high-quality products and take the initiative in delivering great results through the entire lifecycle.
You will be able to lead by example, provide robust and creative solutions and work closely with the Engineering Manager to ensure the Design Team delivers across the requirements of the business.
This is an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic Design Engineer to take their steps towards a more senior role within Design and Engineering.
To apply for this high-profile Lead Mechanical Design Engineering role contact Kevin McHugh at Senex Recruitment on 01424 211872
You can find out more about Senex Recruitment on our about us page