A company with a strong influence in their market sector are looking for a Design Engineer to join their Engineering team in Sittingbourne, Kent. A salary up to £35K plus benefits and the opportunity to work in a modern design lead office and company are on offer.
Working with a range of well-known blue-chip clients. You will be taking innovative and creative designs and ensuring they can be built effectively. Design will be produced for a varied manufacturing process that included woodworks and joinery.
Your Duties and challenges will include:
- The design of products for the purpose of manufacture
- Ensuring that the final design is robust and can be produced
- Taking the lead in delivering designs into the manufacturing process
- Being the Engineering lead on New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Creation of 3D CAD Drawings using Solidworks
- Provide documentation and supporting material including Bill of Materials
- Managing records for Engineering
You will have a background in Design, Mechanical Engineering or Product Design with some experience of working within a joinery or similar woodwork environment. A professional manner and the ability to liaise at all levels.
The key to this role will be your ability to take an aesthetically sound design and make sure it can be manufactured. Manufacturing will involve a range of different techniques including joinery. Solidworks experience will be useful but other 3D CAD systems will be considered.
Your academic qualification (HNC/HND/Degree) will be within a design or mechanical engineering related subject.
The company is offering a salary up to £35,000 a superb innovative working environment and benefits including pension.
To apply for this fantastic opportunity as a Design Engineer based in Paddock Wood, Kent please contact Kevin McHugh on 01424 211872
Other jobs from Senex Recruitment can be found using the job search