A Design Engineer is required for a rapidly expanding and ambitious company based in Hastings, East Sussex. Paying an attractive starting salary and comprehensive benefits you will be joining the technical team and play a key role in supporting the design of high-end Electron-Mechanical products. Being a strong 3D CAD user, you will be looking to join a stimulating and exciting company and be keen to develop your design skills in a growing and highly sought-after sector.
We would invite applicants from Mechanical biased Graduate (Degree/HNC/HND) Calibre candidates with some commercial experience who are looking for an opportunity to develop their design skills in a growing business working with innovative hi-tech products.
Your responsibilities as a Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
• The Design of products from concept stage ensuring that the final design can be manufactured
• Responsible for the mechanical design of Electro-Mechanical products
• Creation of 3D CAD Drawings using Solidworks
• Supporting the New Product Introduction process liaising with manufacturing and ensuring good design for Manufacture (DFM)
• Provide documentation and supporting material and supporting the project management process for new and existing products
• Ensuring all engineering information is entered to MRP system including the production of bill of materials.
To apply for this position, you will be able to demonstrate experience in using a well-known 3D CAD system such as Solidworks (OR, Creo, Inventor, Solidedge etc). You will be able to produce component and assembly detailed manufacturing drawings considering metal and plastic components. You will ideally be able to demonstrate the ability to be able to produce designs that can integrate electronics into a mechanically packaged assembly. Mentoring will be provided to develop your knowledge of the company’s products.
You can apply for this Design Engineering role by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01424 211872.
We also have an opportunity for a Electronics Engineer in Hastings which you can find here