A Technical Director / Manager is required for successful Refrigeration and Air Conditioning business based near Tonbridge, Kent. This designer of bespoke products has a well-established reputation working in a niche marketplace with world renowned clients. Paying an excellent salary and benefits including a strong pension scheme this is an exciting role for candidates looking for a long-term career in the field of refrigeration.
Your Duties as a Technical Director / Manager will include:
- Produce innovative Refrigeration concepts and engineer them from a concept phase through to a fully integrated system.
- Design and development of refrigerated stores, water chillers and specialist refrigeration products and systems for a diverse range of environments.
- Produce technical proposals to meet customer requirements and standards.
- Compressor, Materials and System Component selection and modelling.
- Producing designs of Refrigeration Packs and Water chillers from component level up.
- Create fully compliant schematics and drawings using AutoCAD and 3D CAD Systems
- Interpret system requirements and produce a control system design accounting for Power, control, consumption, and instrumentation schematics to industry standards.
- Select and modify PLC based control systems with HMI display for control of system
- Carry out commercial requirements of technical projects including lifecycle project management
- Supporting onsite surveys to ensure designs meet size and spatial constraints while providing support to clients or installation teams If necessary
- Providing support, mentoring, and training to Engineers within the Technical Team
It is likely that that you have experience working with the refrigeration market with knowledge of thermofluids (i.e., refrigerant gases) and be able to calculate cooling demands and model complete systems.
A relevant academic background in Engineering (BSc or above) with industry experience in the design and engineering of refrigeration products and systems. However, consideration may be given to candidates who have transferable skills relatable to the refrigeration market. You will be confident in representing the company and providing hands on engineering and technical leadership to the business. You will be able to work with accuracy and a high regard for quality in a regulated sector with PED, EMC, ATEX and Machinery Directive for CE marking requirements. Plus, F-Gas and EN 378 compliance.
The company would consider application from Engineering / Technical Managers looking to progress to a director level. Or a Technical / Engineer Director who would be seeking a hands-on role and be keen to provide guidance and support to a stable and successful business.
Hybrid working can be offered for the position however you will be required to attend the site in Tonbridge, frequently when business requires. So you will likely be based within a reasonble distance of the office for your convinence.
To apply for this opportunity to become the Technical Manager / Director of a successful Refrigeration company based in Kent you will need to contact Kevin McHugh at Senex Recruitment on 01424 211872