A Production Engineer is required for a growing manufacturing and Engineering company based in Hastings, East Sussex. As part of their dedicated manufacturing team, you will be driven by creating high performance production lines and processes. This role will offer you the opportunity to build valuable Manufacturing Engineering experience in continuous improvements, Lean, 8s and other techniques. Paying a good starting salary of £32K plus bonus, pension etc this is your opportunity to join one of the South Coast’s leading Hi-Tech companies
Your duties will include
- Provide technical oversight of the manufacturing of the company’s products which is Hi-Tech
- Provide comprehensive production engineering support to you dedicated manufacturing area
- Support the implementation of production efficiency, improvements and ensure the right KPI’s are in place
- Feedback to the SMT on all KPI’s and make good on process efficiencies
- Train production operators in standard operating procedures
- Apply problem solving techniques such as 8S to resolve production issues
- Support maintenance schedules in your manufacturing area
- Run workshops to promote flow manufacturing, value engineering and general Continuous Improvement methodologies
- Work with Engineering team to support the New Product Implementation (NPI)
- Support supplier evaluation and recommendation activities including part approval
This job would suit a recent graduate with an Engineering Degree or HND/HND (this can be in any relevant engineering subject such as Mechanical, Manufacturing etc). You will have some experience working in Engineering or manufacturing and be looking for a career in Production / Manufacturing Engineering. You will be able to communicate at all levels and support manufacturing changes when required. You will be able to take ownership of your production area and ensure the lines under your supervision are improved to maximise process and production capabilities.
You will want to build on your knowledge of Continuous Improvements, Manufacturing techniques and Lean Manufacturing (Six-Sigma).
To take advantage of the exciting job opportunity as a Production Engineer you need to contact Kevin McHugh at Senex Recruitment Ltd on 01424 211872