A Product Quality Engineer is required for a highly respected International Manufacturing company based in Erith, Greater London. This is a significant role in the business where you will be ensuring that highest quality standards are attained from the development phase to the post-delivery activities. The company is paying an attractive starting salary and a comprehensive and attractive benefits package including a 4-day week.
Your duties as the Product Quality Engineer will include:
- Provide quality assurance support to customers.
- Identify, review, and approve quality aspects of the customer contract, specifications, and expectations.
- Supporting new product introduction and product development programs to ensure exceptional levels of quality.
- Perform root cause analysis and carry out investigations, such as 8D reports when required.
- Responsible for supporting and maintaining a customer focused and quality culture within the organisation.
- Assist the coordination of DFMEAs, PFMEAs, Process Flow, Process Capability Studies
- Support, develop and improve internal documents for NPI and QA (i.e., Control Plan, Process flow, etc.).
- Validate and support product qualification program including internal testing and product analysis.
- Support the industrialisation strategy for new products/parts.
- Monitor Product performances to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Monitor Product Reliability and quality goals for product development.
- Assess methods, processes & equipment to increase measurement action plans.
Quality is a major part of this company’s reputation and integral to their product and you will be key in supporting the quality improvement initiatives across the business.
You will have a background in Quality ideally achieved in a mechanical manufacturing environment. You will be able to lead testing and quality initiatives. Being driven by a rigorous and enquiring nature you will be able to resolve manufacturing and quality issues help deliver an exceptional product.
You will ideally have some Engineering training such as a Degree/HNC/HND in a related subject. You will understand the implication of working in a regulated sector and understand the importance of compliance to regulatory standards. You will have good knowledge of metrology and ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
Experience performing First Article Inspections (FAIs), Process Capability analysis (Cp, Cpk), Statistical Process Control (SPC), Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA). Measurement System Analysis (MSA) would be an advantage.
Other jobs in the STEM sector can be fond over at our Job Postings page.
If you are ready for you next job as a Quality Engineer contact Kevin McHugh at Senex Recruitment on 01424 211872 or email your CV.