A Geotechnical Engineer is required for a leading service provider to the Civil Engineering, marine and construction sectors. Based in East Sussex this role is the ideal opportunity for an Earth Science degree graduate to embark on a rewarding career in Geotechnics.
In your role as a Geotechnical Engineer, you will be expected to develop a good understanding of the company’s soil investigation service. This will include field procedures, instrument calibrations, data processing and reporting systems. Learning will be through a combination of training on premises, self-led learning, and practical site experience.
Your duties in this job position as a Geotechnical Engineer will lead to
- Perform data processing and data interpretation, submitted from onsite investigations.
- Undertake QA/QC of field procedures, field data (results), data processing and reports. Ensuring their validity and reliability.
- Liaising with clients and the project management team to ensure that Client’s requirements are understood and communicated.
- Contribute to the writing of factual reports (for example describing fieldwork and commenting on results).
- Adjust or specify alternative or bespoke field procedures/methods to assist with positive project outcomes in terms of quality and client objectives
This Geotechnical Engineering role represents a superb opportunity for a recent graduate in an Earth Science subject (Geotechnical, Geology etc) looking for their first role in industry. Alternatively, candidates with experience or those moving from post-graduate studies should also apply.
This successful Geotechnical Engineering company is well regarded in its sector, is well funded and progressive in its outlook. It offers a friendly and supportive environment for you to develop you career in Geo-Technical.
With a strong starting salary, coupled with benefits and the opportunity to advance you career in a unique, niche sector applicants can expect a rewarding career.
Site based in East Sussex in a rural location, it is important that you have your own transportation.
If you are ready for you next job as a Geotechnical Engineer contact Kevin McHugh at Senex Recruitment on 01424 211872 or email your CV.
Other jobs in the STEM sector can be found over at our Job Postings page.