A Buyer looking for a six-month fixed term contract job posting is required in Eastbourne, East Sussex paying up to £38,000 (pro-rata for six months). Senex Recruitment is working with a specialist manufacturer of high-end engineering products who require a proactive, forward thinking and commercially astute purchasing professional.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead cost saving throughout the supply chain and will require a tenacious and skilled negotiator to secure the best price on raw materials and items for manufacturing.
You will be partnering with both the Design and Manufacturing to ensure all required parts are secured at the best price, optimal quantity, and the highest possible quality from suppliers.
Your duties as Buyer will include:
Achieve the most competitive purchase price for the quality and quantity required for all raw materials purchased this will include price negotiations and establishing good pricing deals.
- Placing orders for new materials
- Monitoring stock levels and working closely with manufacturing to maintain a lean and effective supply chain.
- Working closely with all departments such as manufacturing and design to ensure purchasing issues and queries are proactively dealt with.
- Support procurement-based projects to deliver increased margins, identifying where cost savings can be made.
- Carry out all administration relayed to purchasing.
With previous experience of Buying or Purchasing ideally in a manufacturing or engineering environment, you will have some basic understanding of technical drawing and be able to interpret for the purposes of purchasing materials and components. You will have strong negotiation skills, be an excellent communicator coupled with a professional approach in all that you do.
The company is initially offering this Buyer job posting on an initial six-month fixed term contract which may head towards a longer-term appointment
If you are ready for this opportunity within the purchasing sector apply for this job by contacting Kevin McHugh at Senex Recruitment Ltd
Call 014242 211872 or apply now via our website.
Other jobs can be found on our job postings page here