A Structural Engineer is required for a Burgess Hill based business paying an excellent starting salary plus an extensive benefits scheme including substantial bonus.
You will be producing structural calculations and design sketches for large predominantly metal structures used in industrial setting (not civil). Each design will be bespoke in nature providing exciting challenges for a qualified Structural or Mechanical Engineer.
Your duties will include:
- Provide steel weight estimates and concept designs for the company products
- Assist the Sales department at the bidding stage with Structural Engineering considerations
- Produce Structural Designs for products including the preparation of clear design sketches.
- Monitor progress of the design to meet specified schedules.
- Assist in the development and Management of 3D CAD , STAAD systems and in-house standards.
- Check drawings and structural calculations and analyses 3rd parties to ensure accuracy
- Liaise with sub-contractors regarding contracted-out structural design work.
You will be educated to a minimum of a degree classification in a structural or other related Engineering discipline. You will be able to demonstrate analytical and technical expertise that can resolve complex Structural Engineering problems. You will be able to communicate to an international client base in a clear and concise manner. You will act as an Engineering ambassador for the business in relation to process engineering,
This role is not a civil engineering role as you will be working on large metal structures used with industry. You will be able to work at all stages of the design lifecycle from initial request for information through to delivery of final design. So the ability to understand design projects will be vital.
Want to know more or apply for this Structural Engineer job do not hesitate to contact Kevin McHugh on 01424 211872