A Software Test Engineer is required for exciting and expanding business based near Ashford, Kent who design unique and niche products sold internationally. You will be responsible for the designing and implementing software testing processes for products as well as ensuring customers are kept up to date with software releases and patches.
Paying up to £45,000 plus benefits including pension and bonus. This highly responsible role will be a cornerstone of the engineering team. Being a key part of the companies already exceptional reputation for quality.
Your duties as Software Test Engineer will include:
- The engineering level testing of device software produced by software development teams
- Writing software test procedures to perform regular testing of full systems.
- Performing regular testing of software as part of the software release process.
- Writing tests applications to perform unit testing of software sub systems.
- Conducting subsystem, system, and user level testing.
- Conducting End-to-end testing.
- Producing analysis and Documenting tests results and feeding back to results the development teams.
- Developing automated testing strategies and associated tools development.
- Software build and configuration for test releases.
- Contribute the test perspective on product quality within the business.
- Supporting the software release planning and customer management.
With superb problem solving and a critical and analytical mind, you will thrive working under your own initiatives while ensuring the engineering team received prompt and effective testing results. You will be logical and able to develop test plans under you own guidance.
You will have previous experience of writing test scripts and be able to produce test documentation. Highlighting results for the software development to initiate improvements before production. Ideally you will have knowledge of issue tracking systems such as Mantis, Bugzilla, Jira.
This is a superb opportunity for a Software Test Engineer with commercial knowledge of designing testing procedures and developing automated software tests. If you can show that you are a questioning and logical thinker who is devoted to driving quality higher. This is the ideal role for you.
To join an expanding, well established and forward-looking Hi-Tech business Kent as their next Software Test Engineer. You need to contact Kevin McHugh at Senex Recruitment Ltd on 01424 211872