A Senior Design Engineer is required for an exciting job opportunity at an international engineering company based near Sidcup, Greater London. You will join the dynamic product development team taking ownership of Existing Product Development (EPD) tasks and the oversight of the EPD team. If you’re passionate about taking products from concept to production, while developing your team leading skills this role is for you.
Paying an excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package including a starting salary up to £50,000, bonus scheme, 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), pension scheme and parking and food provided on site. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a can-do environment and make a real difference working with products that have a real impact on the wellbeing of the end user.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Design Engineer
- Develop ideas from scratch and create proofs of concept.
- Take ownership of the EPD (Existing Product Development) tasks and projects within the Product Development Team
- Supervise the Design Engineer within the team providing mentoring, guidance and support.
- Create 3D CAD models and build prototypes for evaluation and testing.
- Draft 2D technical part and assembly drawings to BS 8888.
- Produce product specifications, labelling, and associated documentation.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Aid in the handover of new products to production.
- Maintain personal and professional development.
- Adhere to quality and regulatory requirements.
- Update/modify existing drawings and designs.
Requirements to be considered for the Senior Design Engineer job
- Proficiency in 3D CAD software.
- Ability to produce accurate drawings and schematics.
- Solid understanding of engineering principles, materials, and manufacturing processes.
- Familiarity with designing for manufacturing (DFM).
- Collaborative mindset
This is an ideal role for a Design Engineer looking to take more responsibilities within Product Development. This will include some supervisory responsibilities of other Design Engineers in the team. While also taking ownership of projects within Design. A perfect job for to achieve significant personal development within your career.
As part of your role, you should be proficient in producing robust and precise drawings and schematics for various design projects. A solid grasp of engineering principles, materials, and manufacturing processes is essential. Furthermore, hands-on skills with small tools and bench experience for prototype development are valued attributes.
Understanding the significance of designing for manufacturing (DFM) and ensuring that all designs are commercially viable is a key aspect of the role.
We actively encourage applications from engineers with diverse backgrounds who possess 3D CAD experience, backed by relevant qualifications, including HNC, HND, and Degree qualifications in Engineering.
Apply for this Senior Design Engineer job today
If you’re ready to take on this exciting role as a Senior Design Engineer apply now! To learn more about this opportunity, feel free to contact Kevin McHugh at Senex Recruitment Ltd by calling 01424 211872.
Explore More job Opportunities
For other exciting STEM job openings, visit our Job Posting Page and discover the range of possibilities that await you. Join us in driving innovation and excellence in the world of engineering and technology!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.