A Research and Development Manager is required near Ashford, Kent paying circa £70,000 plus benefits. This company designs and manufactures niche products to exact standards selling to high profile companies global. To ensure the continued growth of the company will be managing the multidiscipline Electronics, Mechanical and Software team as they deliver R&D projects. While leading innovation, new product development and ensuring the company stays a market leader.
Your duties as R&D Manager will include
- Manage the delivery of all technical projects, Including oversight of electronic, mechanical, software areas
- Manage the New Product Design process from initial concept into the manufacturing stage
- Assume product design responsibilities and lead a cross-functional team through all stages of product development
- Develop solutions to design problems through the application of engineering principles, analysis, and empirical methods.
- Manage compliance for both Electrical, Safety and Industry standards
- Manage departmental expenditure and personnel resources.
- Balance flow of resources among projects and specifications; optimising departmental output
- Evaluates results of R&D projects to assure accomplishment of technical objectives
- Ensure exceptional communications lines throughout department and within the wide business
You will bring strong project / programme management capabilities to the role of R&D Manager. With a proven track record of being able to lead a technical team to deliver products on time, to market specification and within budget. You will be able to achieve this by being an effective leader with a positive management style that can lead a small to medium team of engineers.
You will understand the importance of DFMA and will have exposure to manufacturing low to medium quantity products that are ideally Electro-Mechanical in nature. Working closely with manufacturing you will help ensure that R&D supports cost reductions for components and manufacturability.
If you have a keen technical mind, with excellent problem solving and project management skills. This would be an ideal role for you. Do not hesitate to contact Kevin McHugh at Senex Recruitment Ltd to discuss this superb opportunity. Or apply now here on our website.