A Design Engineer is required to join the technical teams of superb refrigeration company based near West Malling, Kent. The team design, develop and support commercial and specialist refrigeration systems across an exciting range application. Paying up to £55,000 plus good benefits and some flexibility with WFH this is an ideal role to build on your experience in refrigeration or a similar industrial sector (such as heat exchange, process industrial equipment etc).
Working closely with the Technical Manager you will support the Design, R&D, Surveying & quotation, Project management and support installation of refrigeration systems. Covering both packaged system design utilising commercially available equipment. And equipment design, where the full package is designed and manufactured from a component level up.
You will also take the lead on new enquiries, liaising with key suppliers, the project management team and production and operations departments. You will undertake customer surveys with support from the service department.
Your aim will be to produce high value, high quality in-house designed and manufactured equipment for applications that are highly interesting and unique in scope and often beyond the usual standard refrigeration product.
- Work on designing and developing refrigeration systems for a niche market
What you'll need
- A good theoretical knowledge of refrigerant cycle
- Experience with refrigerant selection and an understanding of their relative merits and disadvantages
- Knowledge of F-GAS refrigeration standards and certifications – e.g, EN378
- Experience of selecting components, such as compressors, expansion valves, heat exchangers, etc. for systems
- Practical experience and an appreciation of the challenges involved in putting together a complete refrigeration system
- The ability to read and create P&IDs
It would be great if you had
Working experience with mechanical CAD software, such as Solidworks, AutoCAD, etc
- An understanding of auxiliary equipment that interface with refrigerant circuits
- Experience with material compatibility and selection for refrigeration systems. (e.g. lubrication
- Hands-on experience of fault detection and diagnostics in refrigeration circuits.
- An understanding of DFMA.
- Some understanding of control methodologies for refrigerant systems although training will be provided
This role will be your ideal opportunity to work on varied and different refrigeration systems compared to standard market. Offering you rewarding technical challenges to overcome that will suit an Engineer looking to push their Design skills in new directions. The company is open on qualifications but experience in Refrigeration is a must.
The company offers a supportive environment that rewards those who can take their own initiative while supporting the wider team.
If you have the technical knowledge of refrigeration systems and their design and are looking for the next step in you career contact Kevin McHugh on 01424 211872 or email your CV to email@example.com