A R&D Project Engineer is required for a growing manufacturing and engineering company based in Snodland, Kent. This superb role is a varied and diverse position where you will be managing R&D projects but also being hands on in CAD design work and other Engineering activities. This role will offer you opportunity to gain valuable project management skills while also building on you design capabilities.
Paying up to £40,000 plus good benefits and progression opportunities. This role would ideally suit an Engineering (or related STEM subject) graduate with a couple of years commercial experience who is looking for an Engineering role in a purposeful and growing company.
Your duties as R&D Project Engineer will include:
- Work closely with Project Managers and the Design Team to support R&D and NPD projects through the Project lifecycle
- Ensure all documents and engineering briefs are completed and filed.
- Provide Design and Development support to projects and provide input to the test and validation stage (including third party testing)
- Report back to management team and project management on project progress
- Attend review meetings and facilitate and support the flow of technical information across engineering, sales, and marketing
- Preparation of product technical files, with detailed assembly drawings, bills of materials and test data, and supporting product handover training to design and manufacture teams
- Contribute to successful delivery of a range of projects covering, engineering projects, product care, and new product development
This is a varied and diverse role which will suit an Engineering or HNC/HND Graduate looking for a role that offers diversity, responsibility, and the opportunity to learn a range of transferable commercial and technical skills. Not only will you be supporting the design and development of new products you will also be providing Project management support. Offering you flexibility in future career choices within the business.
Your education coupled with prior experience working in an manufacturing or engineering setting for a minimum of 12 months. You will have knowledge of design using a leading 3D CAD software system and have some knowledge or experience of working in a project related engineering environment. A working appreciation of design for manufacture and assembly, within a manufacturing or engineering setting would be a useful asset.