A Quality Inspector is required for a highly respected International Manufacturing company based in Hailsham, East Sussex. This is a significant role in the business where you will be responsible for measuring, inspecting, testing, and validating components and assemblies. You will be embedded in mechanical engineering and have a passion for ensuring excellence in manufactured products.
The company is paying an attractive starting salary up to £38,000 and an attractive benefits package.
Your duties as the Quality Inspector will include:
- Measuring and visually inspecting components and assemblies using a variety of equipment including the use of Faro Arm (CMM) equipment.
- Testing and validating components and assemblies using a variety of test equipment
- Visually inspecting products including welding
- Ensuring any defects and features not to specification are recorded through the non-conformance process and corrective actions and root cause are established to correct errors and prevent future occurrence.
- Visually inspecting finished goods to ensure compliance to specification
- Being the champion for ensuring the required quality standard is delivered
- Making recommendations to improve manufacturing processes
- Updating key performance indicators and metrics to drive quality improvement
- Updating the QMS System
- Ensure all data dossiers and documentation in relation to quality are produced
Quality is a major part of this company’s reputation and integral to their product and you will be key in its continued development.
You will have a background in Quality ideally achieved in a mechanical manufacturing environment, such as a machine shop, CNC or similar. You will be able to lead testing and quality initiatives. Being driven by a rigorous and enquiring nature you will be able to resolve quality issues help deliver an exceptional product.
You will ideally have some Engineering training such as a Degree/HNC/HND in a related mechanical engineering subject. You must have a good understanding of ISO9001 and ideally have knowledge of quality techniques (I.e., 8D, 5S) and have ideally worked in a Lean Manufacturing (Six Sigma) environment.
If you are ready for you next job as a Quality Inspector contact Kevin McHugh at Senex Recruitment on 01424 211872 or email your CV