Project Engineer sought for a prominent engineering company based in St Leonards On Sea, East Sussex. Join this expanding and successful team as new exciting projects come online and need to be implemented. As a Project Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering a range of custom, high-value products and systems, taking ownership of their delivery throughout the project lifecycle in manufacturing.
Key Responsibilities as Project Engineer
As a Project Engineer, your duties will include:
- Taking ownership of the initial stages of New Product Introduction from the order of “special products” and creating Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for each sales order.
- Overseeing the production plan for each product to ensure timely completion of production work orders.
- Monitoring and reviewing production progress against targets to ensure on-time transfer to finished goods.
- Developing and implementing key initiatives to enhance manufacturing cell performance, fostering a culture of 5S and Continuous Improvement.
- Conducting in-department target meetings to track Custom cell progress toward goals agreed with Engineering and Production managers and informing staff of business developments.
- Attending daily Production “stand-up” meetings with production cell leaders.
- Ensuring resource availability, supporting process improvements, and reducing bottlenecks.
- Taking appropriate and effective action to address and resolve any problems or delays in manufacturing cells related to “special products.
- Supporting wider manufacturing processes when required.
Qualifications and Skills
To excel in this role, you should have:
- A minimum of a HNC/HND or Degree in Engineering or a related discipline.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to adapt plans to a changing manufacturing environment.
- Strong project management skills coupled with engineering and production engineering capabilities.
- The ability to support a culture of change, implementing new ideas through the New Product Introduction process.
- Experience working in a Lean manufacturing environment would be advantageous.
Why join this company as Project Engineer
By joining the team, you’ll be part of an exciting and varied role that offers an attractive salary (details available upon application) and a comprehensive benefits package. Furthermore, you will be working on a technically stimulating range of products developed at the cutting edge of the company’s niche sector. Offering you the opportunity to hone your skills in project management and engineering. You will have significant input in the company’s next stage of growth and delivering successful projects and products for high profile clients.
If you are a dynamic and organized Project Engineer looking to make a significant impact in the engineering field, we encourage you to apply.
Apply for the Project Engineer job Today
Explore More Opportunities
For other exciting STEM job openings, visit our Job Posting Page and discover the range of possibilities that await you. Join us in driving innovation and excellence in the world of engineering and technology!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.