A Health and Safety Officer is required in Rye, East Sussex paying up to £34,000 plus bonus and benefits. This will be your ideal opportunity to join a company as it begins a significant period of investment and development. Your role will be to support the H&S team deliver its objectives by ensuring audits and risk assessments are carried out efficiently. This high-profile position will offer the opportunity for personal development and exposure to complex but rewarding H&S opportunities.
Your duties as SHEQ Officer will include:
- To support SHEQ Manager in all aspects of Safety, Health, Environmental, and quality at a complex engineering/manufacturing site
- Assisting the works area with investigating accidents and other incidents, monitoring health and safety carrying out Audits and Risk Assessments
- Ensuing all SHEQ documentation is produced accurately and filed on time
- Produce data for reporting to regulatory authorities in a timely manner, that is both accurate and comprehensive
- Carryout site inspections and ensure adherence to SHEQ guidelines both Regulatory and In-House
- Assist in latest ISO accreditation project and continue to support Management System improvement initiatives
- Promote SHEQ awareness across site, through a variety of means such as coaching, presentation, online etc.
- Support and help deliver new SHEQ initiatives across site using innovative means
- Identify hazards and work closely with maintenance, manufacturing, and operations to minimise risk
You will have previous experience of working within a Health and Safety role and ideally have (or be working to) a formal H&S qualification (NEBOSH/IOSH). Experience of ISO or other H&S Quality Standards would be an advantage. The successful candidate will be used to completing audits and utilising an evidence-based assessment to drive improvement.
You will be a strong communicator with well-developed influencing skills who can promote the importance of SHEQ across a site. You will be able to build strong working relationships and foster a supportive culture. You will drive and influence change and support cultural and behavioural changes that promote Health and Safety. You will be working towards you personal understanding of UK H&S Legislation and be keen to increase your knowledge in a company that supports personal development.
Want to know more about this H&S Officer role then contact Kevin McHugh at Senex Recruitment on 01424 211872. Or if you are ready for your next job in Health and Safety apply now.