A Health and Safety Manager is required for leading employer in Rye, East Sussex. Responsible for Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) you join this growing and successful business during an exciting period of growth and investment. Bringing your SHEQ expertise and knowledge from a Process, Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Waste Management or similar background you will become a significant part of the Senior Management Team.
Your duties as Health and Safety (SHEQ) Manager will include:
- Manage all aspects of Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality at a process site
- Manage Environmental Permit, Corporate Sustainability Reporting while driving Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Carrying out H&S, Environmental and Quality audits, and inspections
- Maintain SHEQ standards and identifying areas for improvement in all parts of the facility
- Work closely and collaboratively with managers and staff to implement corrective measures when required
- Work with all parts of the business to anticipate and prevent H&S and Environmental issues
- Support the development of a standalone Management Systems accreditation to ISO 45001,14001,9001
- Produce risk assessments for all types of activities across site, including high hazard
- Ensure the site adheres to latest regulations, best practice, and standards in SHEQ
This exciting hands-on EHS Manager role is superb opportunity to be part of a vibrant and highly successful local East Sussex business. You will be the ambassador for Health and Safety across the site, promoting the importance for all works in a diverse and varied business. It is a unique opportunity to be challenged, engaged, valued, and rewarded while taking significant responsibilities.
You will hold a relevant Health and Safety qualification (NEBOSH, IOSH) and have commercial experience in a HSE / SHEQ role. You will be able to promote the importance of HSE in an engaging and inclusive manner. You will hold exceptional attention to detail coupled with an ability to communicate with all members of staff. Promoting HSE awareness in a modern and positive light.
The company is paying a base of circa £50,000 plus attractive bonus scheme and benefits. Relocation support could also be considered.
To apply for this Health and Safety Manager role contact Kevin McHugh at Senex Recruitment Ltd on 01424 211872.