A Financial Controller is required for a manufacturing company based in Cambridge paying circa £75,000 this is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified accountant to join a well-established and growing business.
You will be responsible for the accounting function of a medium sized growing company, managing a dedicated Accounting, Payroll and Ledger function.
Your background will be in a similar capacity (i.e. Financial Controller, Head of Finance, Finance Manager) in a manufacturing company. Ideally you will be a Chartered Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA). You will be a clear communicator who makes accounting terminology relatable to non-finance people and can demonstrate through you career the value of strong financial management and its positive impact on a business.
You will be able to add value to the interpretation of financial information and working quickly and efficiently in the delivery of all financial information for the company. You will be able to make decisive decision based on strong financial acumen and an entrepreneurial flair. Driving the company in the right direction to build on its already excellent growth.
Your duties as the Finance Controller will include:
- The production of monthly and yearly accounts, including subsidiary management information and preparation of tax returns
- Management of the accounting team responsible for Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger and Credit Control. Ensuring tight controls and improving function when required.
- Ensuring Payroll is carried out accurately and promptly and overseeing all related returns
- Setting the annual budget and 5-year business plan in conjunction with the SMT
- Production of information and KPI’s in relation to the performance of the business for submission to the board
- Supporting improvements and making recommendation for the continued development of the accounting function
- Liaising with Auditors and other professional bodies when required including the management of year-end external audit
- Carryout company secretarial duties and other business requirements such as company insurance management
- Ensure all import and export and other HMRC declarations are managed and adhere to changes
Ideally you will be a Chartered Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA). Your background will be in a similar capacity (i.e. Financial Controller, Head of Finance, Finance Manager) in a manufacturing company.
If you would like to become a key part of the senior management team of this rapidly growing manufacturing company as their Financial Controller, please contact Kevin McHugh at Senex Recruitment on 01424 211872