An Embedded Software Engineer is required for exciting and expanding business based in Ashford, Kent who design unique and niche products sold internationally. You will be writing code in C for new products as well as maintaining the existing code base.
Paying up to £50,000 plus benefits including pension and bonus. This is a great opportunity to be the embedded expert and support the development of exciting products in the R&D stage.
Your duties as Embedded Software Engineer will include
- Working closely with R&D to develop new software in C that fits requirements
- Generation of embedded C code
- The Creation of new signal processing algorithms
- The development of Software Architecture for new applications
- Implementation of Communications protocols such as, Serial, CAN, SPI, I2C, TCP, UDP, MQTT, USB
- Providing accurate software documentation and record-keeping
- Definition of test cases related to embedded software for testing team
- Maintenance of code base and management of updates and revisions
This is a diverse Software Engineering role, and you will be able to bring a background in developing software in Embedded C. The product contains a wide variety of communications protocols and some interesting algorithms and signal processing challenges. There are opportunities to not only develop at the embedded level but also on windows and Linux platforms in the future.
You will have experience in using Real time operating systems and the ability to interpret Electronics schematics in relation to the development of Embedded Software.
This is a superb opportunity for a Software Engineer with some commercial knowledge of Embedded systems to take their career to the next stage. With varied and new technology coming on board you will gain experience in C#/C++ and VB.net in the future. If you are a hands-on Embedded Software Engineer keen to join an expanding, well established and forward-looking Hi-Tech business Kent. You need to contact Kevin McHugh at Senex Recruitment Ltd on 01424 211872